[FoRK] Malthusian machinations

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Thu Jun 17 08:10:14 PDT 2010

On Jun 17, 2010, at 9:49 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> Anyone is having trouble swallowing this? Anyone? Bueller?

I'm a net buyer.  Just pointing out that there are certain considerations and difficulties and implications;  not a slam-dunk.

Your proposal implies, for example, a right-of-annexation for the urbs vs. surrounding suburbs and area, including the possibility of forcible widespread expropriation and repurposing of significant, currently-private property --- and displacement of the applications for which it is currently used.

I see certain political difficulties and potential unintended consequences with that.  But, need trumps everything else *at some point.*

jb