[FoRK] Malthusian machinations

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Jun 17 08:23:28 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:10:14AM -0500, Jeff Bone wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2010, at 9:49 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>

> > Anyone is having trouble swallowing this? Anyone? Bueller?
>
> I'm a net buyer.  Just pointing out that there are certain considerations and difficulties and implications;  not a slam-dunk.
>
> Your proposal implies, for example, a right-of-annexation for the urbs vs. surrounding suburbs and area, including the possibility of forcible widespread expropriation and repurposing of significant, currently-private property --- and displacement of the applications for which it is currently used.

I think they will be happy enough to put up stuff, since
they would be sellers. Even small guys will be making
power, and selling it. On real markets, not subsidized
feed-in tariffs.

Why would I be putting a PV panel? Because it would
make sense for me financially. Local farmer barns' roofs
are covered with Very Large PV panels. Sure, it's subsidies.
But it works for them, in terms of ROI. Once crossover
happens, it will work for anyone, sans subsidies.