[FoRK] Malthusian machinations

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Thu Jun 17 10:14:20 PDT 2010

On Jun 17, 2010, at 9:40 AM, Reese wrote:
> Of course, you can always petition to have those materials stored in
> your back yard instead of someone else's - and by that I mean within
> a few miles of where *you* live.

Oh noes, Scary Atoms. This is the reason the nuclear chemistry research facility just down the road -- I spent some time there as an undergrad -- tries to keep its existence undocumented. It might spook the cattle if they realized that Magical Evil, excuse me, uranium and plutonium was stored in suburbia along with a lot of other isotope rubbish.

I'm the wrong person to persuade with that non-argument.

It is a hazard that can be managed like any other. I'm frankly more concerned about nasty conventional chemistry contamination. Unlike anything with the N-word in front of it, the cattle aren't concerned about this and the safety levels match that level of concern.