[FoRK] Sterling on having more time

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Thu Jun 17 22:54:07 PDT 2010

Serbia?  Well I guess it's not Sri Lanka.

On the topic of better societies:

http://news.cnet.com/Sci-fi-author-laments-state-of-world/2100-1026_3-6049844.html?tag=mncol;txt

In a reading during which he frequently appeared on the verge of tears,
he recalled the words of Chicago poet Carl Sandburg
<http://www.poets.org/poet.php/prmPID/28>, who wrote in the poem "The
People, Yes": The people so often sleepy, weary, enigmatic, is a vast
huddle with many units saying: I earn my living/I make enough to get
by/and it takes all my time./If I had more time/I could do more for
myself/and maybe for others./I could read and study/and talk things
over/and find out about things/It takes time./I wish I had the time.