[FoRK] Extreme Life Extension: Investing in Cryonics for the Long, Long Term

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Jun 19 07:17:01 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 09:18:05PM -0400, Reese wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Please don't send HTML mail.

Indeed; my filter completely ate that message.

> But about cryonics? Is that the nom de jeure for cryogenics?

Cryogenics is required for human cryopreservation.
Human cryopreservation is not required for fabrication
of cryogenic liquid and refrigeration.

> excerpt: "Cryonics demonstrates a unique way in which time, capital,
> and biotechnoscience can come together in the name of future life.
> /xcerpt
>
> aaayup.
>
> http://google.com/search?q=ted+head+batted+around

You should not always believe tales of disgruntled former
workers.

> Not that I think that freezing ones-self is bunk, but there does
> need to be a measure of certainty that seems to be lacking in the
> case of M. Williams.

These are not the problems you're looking for.