[FoRK] Extreme Life Extension: Investing in Cryonics for the Long, Long Term

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Sat Jun 19 10:13:26 PDT 2010

On Jun 19, 2010, at 11:42, "Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo"
<ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> --- On Fri, 6/18/10, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>

>> Re Williams, yeah.  That firm had some real problems
>> and real trash, despite being the premier company in the
>> world doing this.  They're apparently, at least, making
>> a good faith effort to get their act together.  But I'd
>> love to see more credible competition in this space.
>>

> Why?

It's not obvious?  Hard pressed to think of any situation not improved
by competition.

Alcor has (a) been shady, trying to clean that up though and (b) the
research is pretty closely held.  All eggs in one basket bad.
Competitive pressure good.

Competition is the only general process known to improve fitness over
time.

jb