[FoRK] Extreme Life Extension: Investing in Cryonics for the Long, Long Term

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Sat Jun 19 20:44:13 PDT 2010

--- On Sat, 6/19/10, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2010, at 11:42, "Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo" <ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>

> > Why?
>
> It's not obvious?

I wouldn't ask if it was.

> Hard pressed to think of any situation not improved by competition.
> Competition is the only general process known to improve
> fitness over time.

Of course. I'm no genius but I'm not a total maroon.

Neither am I a polymath. I know exactly nothing about the market or the technology. It has never caught my attention or imagination (aside from the speculative fiction its existence enables).

Why do you, jb, care about competition for this particular company? Are you interested in freezing yourself and want improved tech/cheaper prices? Is there something especially useful about the technology they are using/developing besides using it to freeze people's heads?  Etc?

It struck me that if there is little/no competition at this point, perhaps there is no compelling reason for it. Or a good reason for its absence. Perhaps not an irrelevant market or technology but nearly so?

I don't know so I ask. You seemed to know so I hoped for a less condescending response.  ;-)

         ...ken...