[FoRK] Sent from my iPad

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Sun Jun 20 20:38:57 PDT 2010

On 6/20/10 5:46 PM, Jeff Bone wrote:
> I have modified the annoying default signature on the iPad used to send this message.  This annoying iPad default ordinarily puts "Sent from my iPad" on every message.  You will note that this message, though sent from my iPad, does not proclaim itself to be "Sent from my iPad."
>
> I have taken these steps out of respect for the surprising sensitivities of my esteemed colleagues Stephen and Ken who, rather amusingly, I can call fucktards all day long without getting a rise.

That *is* a term of endearment, right?

> But god forbid they should receive any messages Sent from an iPad that proclaim to be Sent from my iPad.

It just ruins your otherwise near-perfect signal to noise ratio, which
just ain't right.  ;-)

> Stephen and Ken, may you sleep well this evening, secure in the knowledge that, however many messages you may receive that are in fact sent from this iPad, none should evermore smite thine eyes with this offensive phrase, "Sent from my iPad."

FoRK purity has been restored!  Rejoice all ye FoRKy dudes and dudesses
(dudettes would be inappropriately diminutive, right?).  Oh, forget it:
FoRK Attendants.

> (I make no such representations about any messages that mig be sent from either of my other two iPads that I already own, or any future iPads I may acquire.)
>
> Accordingly, I have changed my signature to something you will hopefully find amusing.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> j "noting on iCal on my iPad Stephen's and Ken's apparently synchronized menstrual cycles" b

Hey, you're the one stocking up on pads.

sdw