[FoRK] Sent from my iPad

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Mon Jun 21 01:11:16 PDT 2010

On Jun 21, 2010, at 12:29 AM, Frank Hegyesi wrote:

> After using Mac OS for a month a few years ago I installed Ubuntu on my box.

The value of MacOS that Ubuntu does not even come close to delivering is software support. MacOS supports a diverse and wonderful set of software environments that is pretty hard to match on any other platform. This may not mean much if you have limited requirements, but many people need more capability than you'll get from a Windows or Linux system. I stopped messing around with nasty hacks years ago, I want stuff that works.

Where else are you going to get a capable UNIX development environment and competent implementations of basic business applications?