[FoRK] Sent from my iPad

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Mon Jun 21 15:30:37 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 03:39:12PM -0500, Jeff Bone wrote:
> On Jun 21, 2010, at 15:12, Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> wrote:
>> Funny how a tacked-on Yahoo! blurb is a mark of shame, while a
>> tacked-on Apple blurb is a mark of pride.
>
> Wait, let's take a quick poll.  Who thinks it is a mark of pride?

It's that or a mark of "I haven't figured out how to turn off the automatic
advertising on my outgoing email."  Which interpretation would you prefer? :)

Mostly just interested in the variable desirability of obtrusive branding.
Some brands, you put up with.  Others, you show off.

I want a voluntary advertising service.  If you're gonna brand your
outgoing messages, pick cool messages.  It's like wearing your favourite
band's t-shirt, but on Twitter!

--
Bring fun back to general-purpose computing!  Go Arduino today!