[FoRK] Apple collecting, sharing iPhone users' precise locations

Michael Cummins michael at i-magery.com
Mon Jun 21 18:18:37 PDT 2010

This ought to ruffle a few feathers, incorporating it into the iTunes EULA.

APPLE COLLECTING, SHARING IPHONE USERS' PRECISE LOCATIONS

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2010/06/apple-location-privacy-ip
hone-ipad.html

.or not.

Privacy isn't what I imagined it to be when I was young.  People today
aren't merely complicit in its destruction, they're downright gleeful.

.I lament as I "click yes to approve" on all my latest  apps and gadgets.

Stuff like this sends shivers down my spine though:

THE FUTURE OF PRIVACY: FACIAL RECOGNITION, PUBLIC FACTS, AND 300 MILLION
LITTLE BROTHERS

http://volokh.com/2010/06/11/the-future-of-privacy-facial-recognition-public
-facts-and-300-million-little-brothers/

What have we wrought, for good or ill?