[FoRK] Apple collecting, sharing iPhone users' precise locations

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 21 20:28:07 PDT 2010

--- On Mon, 6/21/10, Jeremy Apthorp <nornagon at nornagon.net> wrote:

> It's also worth noting that privacy is a relatively new concept. As
> far as I can tell, it started being important to people around the
> mid-1700s: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=timeline-a-history-of-privacy
>
> Why did privacy not matter to people before then?

Why do you think it didn't matter to people before then?

(The author of the timeline you linked seems to have chosen some arbitrary starting point and supplies no supporting evidence that the arbitrary starting point has anything to do with what/whether people thought about privacy before then.)

      ...ken...