[FoRK] Apple collecting, sharing iPhone users' precise locations

Jeremy Apthorp nornagon at nornagon.net
Mon Jun 21 21:49:56 PDT 2010

On 22 June 2010 14:34, Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo <ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> --- On Mon, 6/21/10, Jeremy Apthorp <nornagon at nornagon.net> wrote:
> [...]
> Jeremy rewrites his own history:

Okay, I see how you could have come to the conclusion that "Why did
people not care about privacy before [date]" was my main question. It
wasn't. Sorry for the confusion.

> In addition to challenging your version of the history, it addresses your revised questions. Yes, it's necessary to the human condition. How much? Exactly as much as is needed whenever you are of a mind to screw your neighbour/business partner and/or their wives/daughters.

It doesn't, but this post does.

> As well as secret violations of trust demanding privacy, I'm sure there are pure motives. I only use the prurient because it's so much easier for illustrative purposes.  ;-)

I don't even know what you're talking about here. My best guess is
that you are being sarcastic and/or intentionally pejorative, so I'll
ignore it.