[FoRK] Apple collecting, sharing iPhone users' precise locations

Michael Cummins michael at i-magery.com
Tue Jun 22 04:11:34 PDT 2010

I think that insecurity is part of the human condition, and that the
perceived need for privacy stems from that.  So I propose that it has always
existed, in one form or another, to varying degrees, amplified or smothered
by the culture in which it finds itself.

Since insecurity and fear are inseparable, I think that our race to
extinguish privacy is alarming.

Ultimately good or bad?  I don't know.  But alarming, to be sure.

I'm reminded of that scene in the Matrix where the Oracle more or less
reminds Neo that he has already made the choice, and all that remains is to
understand it.

The choice has already been made, I think.

- MEC