[FoRK] Extreme Life Extension: Investing in Cryonics for the Long, Long Term

silky michaelslists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 04:58:54 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 09:36:49PM +1000, silky wrote:
>>> It's remarkable how people who know about the industry the
>>> least are the most vocal.
>>
>> Because the ones who know it the most are already frozen?
>
> Meh. Quite a few who were professionally involved or their
> relatives are cryopreserved.

I still can't quite come to terms with the reality that this kind of
thing exists. That's not to say I wouldn't use it, but it would
certainly compound the sadness of the death of family members not
already secured for it. Nevertheless, can't argue wtih facts. I just
think the discussion on the identity part (i.e. not the "cryonics",
which I know nothing about) is interesting.

--
silky

  http://www.programmingbranch.com/