[FoRK] "Two faces of the Tea Party"

Michael Cummins michael at i-magery.com
Tue Jun 22 06:40:06 PDT 2010

> Russell Turpin:
>
> I had pretty much associated the Tea Party with Glenn Beck and his
> fans, so it was interesting to read an article contrasting that with a
> sane faction:

I don't watch Glenn Beck, but I've hoisted a placard downtown a time or two.

Here in Broward County (a Deep Blue district), there are a substantial
amount of Democrats that show up when the Tea Partiers gather.

It's been that way from the beginning.

Now that criticism of President Obama is becoming socially tolerated, the
media is finally permitted to address the subject without sexual innuendo or
cries of racism.  (They're still getting the hang of that, give them time)

Personally, I'm fairly ignorant of the "factions", and don't belong to a
"club".  When I see people downtown waving their signs at the cars,
sometimes I join them.  It's a pretty friendly affair.

- MEC