[FoRK] Sent from my iPad

Reese howell.r at inkworkswell.com
Tue Jun 22 07:55:34 PDT 2010

On 20-Jun-10 20:49, Jeff Bone wrote:

> On Jun 20, 2010, at 7:18 PM, Tom Higgins<tomhiggins at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Jeff Bone<jbone at place.org>  wrote:
>>> Sheesh.  Freakin' default.
>>
>> You do not know how to customize your own devices?
>
> Of course.  Just hadn't bothered yet.  Didn't realize what a bunch of whiny pussy babies some folks were...

I think the issue pivots on two axes. First, and this has already been
mentioned so I won't detail it too much, the inundation of content-
neutral or -negative "sent from my X" signatures appended to outputs
from the respective devices. Second, the assumption by the manufacturer
that consumers of product X will willing advertise the brand and pay
for the privilege, evidenced by the purchase of and prominent use of
the item in question.

For one example, there is a lot of clothing I simply won't wear, because
the manufacturer label is too prominent. Does that make me quirky,
eccentric or qualify me for the "fucktard" label you sling around on
occasion? Maybe, but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone else, I wouldn't
be able to find so many clothing articles that lack the overly-
gratuitous designer labels and identifications.

Reese