[FoRK] Extreme Life Extension: Investing in Cryonics for the Long, Long Term

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 22 20:50:16 PDT 2010

--- On Tue, 6/22/10, Jebadiah Moore <jebdm at jebdm.net> wrote:

> Overpopulation presumably *wouldn't* be an issue, given
> that the copies live in computers.

Overpopulation may also be an issue when it comes to reincarnation/revivification.

> I'm guessing that there's a contact involved saying they have to thaw you
> once they can.  Besides that: morality, the desire to study and interact
> with people from the past, they get to stop paying for upkeep, etc.  One
> small problem is that once the revival tech is discovered, there is not much
> business left in cryonics--moving people to specialized hospitals, perhaps.
>  But really not an issue, just a cash-out point.

It's not simply a revivification issue. It's just possible it may be a secondary issue. There is still the issue of what killed you. No point in revival if they can't fix what killed you in the first place. Otherwise what's the point of it all?

         ...ken...