[FoRK] "Two faces of the Tea Party"

Russell Turpin russell.turpin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 09:26:54 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
> "Batshit crazy" is evenly distributed in all directions in political space. ...

I see no reason to think that is the case for any particular nation
and time period. History is full of examples where one particular
brand of batshit crazy became prevalent, for a while. How else do you
explain the 18th amendment?

It would be interesting if there were more statistical data on how
batshit crazy is distributed today. It's not hard to come up with
statements that identify it:

* "Evolution is false."

* "Publicly traded corporations should be abolished."

* "Public schools should be abolished."

* "Capitalism isn't responsible for technological advance."

I wonder what percentages of Americans today would assent to those statements?