[FoRK] 7th graders find cave on Mars

Frank Hegyesi frankpdx at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 14:18:57 PDT 2010

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20008507-1.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

I am embarrassed by my tinge of jealousy.  Not only by the tools at
their disposal, but that 12 years-olds were allowed to design their
research project.

I am saddened that as these opportunities arise for students, the
desire for learning math and sciences in the United States seems to be
falling - according to test scores and news reports.

Although with the budgets cuts looming, I wonder if it even matters.

Please note I am not a parent, so I would love to be wrong.

Frank

But if I was part of that class, i would be such a spazz.