[FoRK] Fw: Re: Extreme Life Extension: Investing in Cryonics for the Long, Long Term

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 23 21:29:33 PDT 2010

--- On Tue, 6/22/10, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> >  have the attendant required ability waiting to fix whatever
> >  was so badly broken that it killed us, I'll put my money on
>
> Ah, you're of the "resurrect in the flesh" persuasion.

I haven't honestly given it that much thought. I honestly don't much care about either option. Neither will have sufficient surety in my lifetime to really capture my attention much less my money.

jb, how many payments towards my frozen head would $8,000 have bought me? (That's what my new motorcycle will cost when I'm done with adding a few mods.)

> >  growing back our tails so we stay alive and healthy rather
> >  than having to die, get frozen, get thawed, get fixed and
> >  get reinserted successfully back into society.
>
> Why do you expect to be successfully reintegrated into
> something completely incomprehensible?

Um ...... I don't?   That was sort of a sideways argument against the whole notion.

> But, a piece of advice. Don't forget about hedging your options.
> Those backup plans have a nasty tendency to become your primary.

Here's my Plan A.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/kganshirt/Cremation%20Urns/Urn%202/?action=view&current=IMG_0299-small.jpg

Designed and constructed by me. For anyone interested, here are the plans.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/kganshirt/Cremation%20Urns/Urn%201/?action=view&current=Urn-Page1of3.gif

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/kganshirt/Cremation%20Urns/Urn%201/?action=view&current=Urn-Page2of3.gif

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/kganshirt/Cremation%20Urns/Urn%201/?action=view&current=Urn-Page3of3-1.gif

        ...ken...