[FoRK] "Two faces of the Tea Party"

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Thu Jun 24 04:55:18 PDT 2010

On Jun 23, 2010, at 21:23, Dave Kammeyer <kammeyer at kammeyer.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>>
>> If you perform this filtering over most of the various TP factions,
>> you'll
>> discover something not so extreme.
>
> Yeah, but you'll also find something that's not coherent.  It's a
> don't cut my Medicare or Social Security or the military, cut my
> taxes, and balance the budget.  There's also a subsidiary, coherent,
> anti-intellectual, pro-Christian, Traditionalist aspect to the
> platform.

BS.  You've asserted this before, IIRC, but (a) I see no such thing,
because (b) there is no unitary TP to *have* a platform.

Further, I've previously cited articles quoting the heads of a couple
of the major constituencies that directly contradict this.

But you go on manufacturing "fact" by assertion, or propagating that
meme, or whatever you are doing.

It's the economy, stupid.  You can selectively sample whatever part of
the rabble you want, but the consistent theme among the major players
is *not* what you are claiming.

jb