[FoRK] "Two faces of the Tea Party"

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Thu Jun 24 10:55:06 PDT 2010

On Jun 24, 2010, at 12:37 PM, Michael Cummins wrote:

>> Dave wrote:
>
>> because most of the tea party is old and about
>> to collect these benefits.
>
> I'm 40.  The few things I attended were populated with 30-40-50 something's.
> I honestly don't expect Social Security to be around when my turn comes, to
> be honest.

I know *very* few people my age (42) or younger who expect SS to be around when it comes time.  Indeed, that has been my assumption all along throughout my adult life, and that's been the general peer consensus throughout that time.

> Not in a general sense, but I think the atmosphere in the tea party crowd is
> pretty anti-pork.

Also note that the defense industry is the biggest pig farm around, and procurement and funding processes are feeding troughs designed for massive scale (and designed-in inefficiency.)

jb