[FoRK] "Two faces of the Tea Party"

Michael Cummins michael at i-magery.com
Thu Jun 24 12:39:56 PDT 2010

> Dave said:

> Regardless, just look at pictures of a TP rally.  It's a bunch of old
codgers.

I looked through the photos I took when I was downtown (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
and they don't look like one (codgery) demographic to me.  (I sure hope I'm
not a codger)

It looks pretty disparate from my local perspective.

> Go to a TP rally and ask people if they want to cancel the F-35,
> or stop building aircraft carriers.

If you highlight some obvious and specific waste (it can't be that hard)
then I think you'll get some real support.  No, I don't think "stop building
aircraft carriers" will get much traction in the TP crowd.  What about
Murtha's airport or the alternate JSF engine?

http://membership.cagw.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=12278

If you're quite left of center and want to eliminate wasteful spending in
the DoD, you might want to consider laying off the racist teabagger jokes
and tap into the discontent.  You might find friends in places you least
expected them to be.

- MEC