[FoRK] "Two faces of the Tea Party"

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Thu Jun 24 14:36:42 PDT 2010

On Jun 24, 2010, at 4:08 PM, Dave Kammeyer wrote:

> Show me some cuts that you are willing to make that will net 50-100
> billion and then I know you're serious.

There're only a few places that can come from.  Every serious person looking at this BS knows that.  Entitlements will be drastically reduced.  We'll exit the perpetual war business.  End of story.

It's unsustainable.  It WILL not continue indefinitely.  The only question is whether it's a controlled wind-down or not.

Pragmatists would prefer the former.  There are a few of those around.

> What racist teabagger jokes?  I understand that there are a lot of
> pissed off people out there, but they want a set of self-contradictory
> facts.

You keep telling us what "they" want, but I don't hear "them" saying those things.  Indeed, the contrary.

In other words, nice story, not buying it.

jb