[FoRK] "Two faces of the Tea Party"

Dave Kammeyer kammeyer at kammeyer.org
Thu Jun 24 15:19:11 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> On Jun 24, 2010, at 4:08 PM, Dave Kammeyer wrote:
>

>> Show me some cuts that you are willing to make that will net 50-100
>> billion and then I know you're serious.
>
> There're only a few places that can come from.  Every serious person looking at this BS knows that.  Entitlements will be drastically reduced.  We'll exit the perpetual war business.  End of story.

And higher taxes, and inflation.  That's what the Tea Party types rail
against, but that is the reality.  Even cutting everything you can
think of, you don't get enough.  Furthermore, these taxes will be
primarily on higher-income people, because that is who earns the vast
majority of money in the U.S.  Inflation is a necessity, because due
to the large debt that we have, if interest rates were to go to more
natural levels, the deficit would be way worse due to borrowing costs
to the govt.

>> What racist teabagger jokes?  I understand that there are a lot of
>> pissed off people out there, but they want a set of self-contradictory
>> facts.
>
> You keep telling us what "they" want, but I don't hear "them" saying those things.  Indeed, the contrary.
>
> In other words, nice story, not buying it.

Ok, let's see a self-proclaimed tea-partier with an actual, numerical
plan to balance the budget.  I see a lot of people complaining about
high taxes, and some vague ideas about how to cut spending, mostly by
repealing HCR and getting rid of "waste."  That ain't gonna do it.
Show me a column of numbers that sums to zero.