[FoRK] F-4 humor Re: "Two faces of the Tea Party"

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Fri Jun 25 10:53:27 PDT 2010

On Jun 25, 2010, at 12:06 PM, mdw at martinwills.com wrote:

> F-35 was mandated by Congressional wrangling, to again try, what failed in
> the F-4 Phantom program.

My dad flew F-4s during his primary assignments.

> Make one aircraft that fits all needs and can be
> resold.

> (Or as we used to say... "The F-4 Phantom was the United States
> proof to the world, that if you put a big enough engine on it, you can
> make a brick fly.").

Yup, indeed.  My dad called his "the washing machine."

In the spirit of olive branches, here's an old Phantom sticker's joke you've probably heard but most here have probably not.

--

Two geese are flying along, chit chatting.

An F-4 comes screaming through between them, knocking them off kilter.

Once they regain their composure, one says to the other

"Damn, that was the loudest fucking bird I've ever heard!"

The other one says

"Well hell, if you had two assholes and both of them were on fire, you'd probably make that noise, too!"

--

;-)

jb