[FoRK] "A budget deal that reduced the deficit"

Russell Turpin russell.turpin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 18:51:19 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
> First the foul:  this has absolutely zero to do with TP discussion or any
> seriousness therein re budgetary matters.

Yeah? You think the tea partiers would favor the kind of budget
compromise that George H W and Clinton worked? Because my impression
is that they mostly come from the same faction who damned those
politicians for making those compromises. This, of course, just
repeats our disagreement on what the tea party looks like.

> Stipulation:  there is an iceberg's chance in hell of reigning in the
> deficit without increasing the federal top line. ...

Then, a good measure of tea partier seriousness would be to hear some
of their popular politicians or prominent representatives say where
they would do *that*. Or if they refuse, and want to do it 100% by
cutting spending, then let's hear them advocate for the elimination of
Medicare, which is the most fiscally problematic of the entitlement
programs.