[FoRK] "A budget deal that reduced the deficit"

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Sat Jun 26 07:32:03 PDT 2010

On Jun 26, 2010, at 9:09 AM, Russell Turpin wrote:

> Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>> Clarity about the associations DOES NOT EXIST today. ..  In the light of history,
>> associations and causality become clearer.  But at the beginning of those events,
>> the line from there to Stalin was not predictable given any existing method.
>
> I agree. Where we disagree, given the murkiness, is where the best
> read lies. You're saying, "look at this manifesto." I'm saying, "let's
> see who the crowds cheer, when they speak on stage."

You nailed it.  The latter makes no sense to me at all.  It's not the crowd cheering that defines or enacts policy.  (It's not as if ANY administration in recent memory actually acted or acts consistently with the rhetoric and demagoguery used to get to power.)

>> We have something more valuable and credible than that:  the actual statements of the actual players involved.
>
> Yeah, and if you attend the tea party unity convention next month, you
> can hear Joseph Farah trumpet unity around that:
>
> http://www.nationalteapartyconvention.com/schedule.cfm
>
> Just so you know my derangement is gender-neutral, let me say that
> Farah's lunacy exceeds Bachmann's and Palin's. ;-)

Again:  the association fallacy.

Farah's not running anything at present.  He's a journalist who's getting a big bump out of all of this.

jb