[FoRK] "A budget deal that reduced the deficit"

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Sat Jun 26 07:40:08 PDT 2010

On Jun 26, 2010, at 9:32 AM, Jeff Bone wrote:

> You nailed it.  The latter makes no sense to me at all.  It's not the crowd cheering that defines or enacts policy.  (It's not as if ANY administration in recent memory actually acted or acts consistently with the rhetoric and demagoguery used to get to power.)

Note, too, that the latter is admittedly an argument *against* taking e.g. the various manifestos, etc. at face value.  However, note that a large part of the anger motivating all this is that very disconnect;  the guys using that anger to attempt a reformist putsch would be absolute morons if they were being disingenuous about their intent.  If anything, they've set a standard that they'll have to live up to that is far higher than any mainstream politician has hewed to in recent memory.

Re: Farah, I should have said "journalist" not journalist. ;-)  (Similar comments apply to Beck.)

Both of them are tools.  Both figuratively and literally. ;-)  The reformers would be foolish not to make use of them.

jb