[FoRK] Texas State Republican Party Platform - Texas Taliban

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Sat Jun 26 22:55:28 PDT 2010

On Jun 26, 2010, at 10:22 PM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> Noted on another list. I was curious, so:
> http://www.boingboing.net/2010/06/26/texas-gop-comes-out.html

Eh, so what? It is the Texas GOP. Everyone expects that kind of nutty and internally inconsistent platform.

If you look at, say, the California Democratic Party,  you find an equally nutty and internally inconsistent platform.

A platform is not required to intersect reality; indeed, few actually do. Politicians do not take these platforms seriously or even give them more than lip service. I think the parties generally let the fringe nutters define "platforms" to keep them occupied while saner and more pragmatic people run the parties.