[FoRK] Texas State Republican Party Platform - Texas Taliban

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Sun Jun 27 11:51:56 PDT 2010

On 6/27/10 10:07 AM, Jeff Bone wrote:

> Still missing a reasonable tech funding infrastructure since 2000;
> killed off in two back-to-back sucker punches:  the dot-bomb and the
> development of a  gargantuan gravity-well / quasi-monopoly around
> Austin Ventures and its pernicious impact.  But I see some minimal
> encouraging signs re a bit more aggressive angel activity these days.
>
> It is effin' HOT, though. Maybe that keeps the wimps out. ;-)

I'm back in DC / N. VA for a week.  It's up to 102F, 82F first thing in
the morning rapidly up to high 90's.  Right now it is 95-98 at 49%
humidity.  The humidity feels much worse and must be at many places,
especially after frequent rain when the temp goes right back.  No wonder
I gained weight living and working here: hiding in air conditioning too
much of the time.

There is a reason I moved to Mountain View: Running weather all the
time.  Temp swings 40F many days.  No humidity.  No insects to speak
of.  No rain for almost 9 months.
http://sdw.st/wp/world/weather

I have fried my brain running in DC, Las Vegas, Honolulu, etc.  And
frozen in Denver, Boston, and Ohio.  I know better.