[FoRK] G8/20 Baiting...

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Sun Jun 27 19:22:02 PDT 2010

--- On Sun, 6/27/10, John Parsons <bullwinklemouth at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> The leaders of these countries probably justify these
> meeting based on the schmoozing and public spectacle, but if
> others are like me, this experience is giving them a good
> understanding of the rage these conferences engender.

Are you as isolated as they are? Or just a hopeless optimist?  ;-)

Of course they do *not* get a good understanding of the rage these conferences engender.

First, they are totally isolated from the environs. That's the entire point of the CAD$1.4B being spent on it. They could as easily have met in Inuvik or Reykjavik and they would notice no difference.

Second, those who surround them make it a point to assure them that the protesters are very much in the minority and are not to be taken seriously because they are just out to party and destroy things.

The incidents like the mob that burned up the police cars and vandalized businesses confirm what the advisors are saying.

The principles -- the few who might actually give a crap about what the prols think -- will go away assured that the protestors do not represent anything they have to worry about.

They all will go away with no understanding of what the legitimate protests are about or even that there actually were legitimate protests that they might have learned something from. Their handlers, with the help of the vandals, will make sure of that.

         ...ken...