[FoRK] G8/20 Baiting...

John Parsons bullwinklemouth at yahoo.ca
Sun Jun 27 19:59:00 PDT 2010

--- On Mon, 6/28/10, Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo <ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Of course they do *not* get a good understanding of the
> rage these conferences engender.

> They all will go away with no understanding of what the
> legitimate protests are about or even that there actually
> were legitimate protests that they might have learned
> something from. Their handlers, with the help of the
> vandals, will make sure of that.

I was referring to the outrage from the general publics of the constituent nations, not the aloof and disconnected leaders that participate... sorry for the way that could have been interpreted.

The thing that I can't quite fathom is that in all likelihood most of these so-called developed nations are about to run into various "walls" (resource depletion, runaway deficits and other financial meltdowns, inability to maintain standards of living, etc.) where the populations will become increasingly restive and prone to rebellious notions. While these conferences do provide a good testing ground for statist weapons and tactics, they are increasingly fueling the very unrest the leaders should fear. Instead of trying to lower the profile and/or excesses of these conferences, it seems (especially in this latest incarnation) that the conferences are specifically designed to rub the public's nose in the disconnectedness of their leaders.

The last participant to voice the "let them eat cake" mantra got the appropriate come-uppance, and I can't understand why none of the developed nation's leaders (or their handlers) see that.

JP