[FoRK] Krugman in NYT: The Third Depression

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Jun 28 06:28:04 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 07:52:28AM -0500, Jeff Bone wrote:

> PK says we are in the early stages of a Depression that will be more
> severe than the Great Depression.

What a shockingly novel insight.

Of course it's much too late for anything by many years. It took
almost four decades to get us where we are, and it will take
at least another two or three to crawl out of the smoking
crater in the pavement.

Lean times are great for major changes and innovations, so I'm
quite looking forward to it. I'm particular to energy, chemical
feedstock and food, since these are the areas we need most.

I'm also hoping for decentral fabrication, and robotics hitting
the mainstream. As Kragen posted the other day, ability to make
logic with a 50 kUSD fabber (hella expensive ink) is going to
change a few things.