[FoRK] Krugman in NYT: The Third Depression

John Parsons bullwinklemouth at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 28 09:07:49 PDT 2010

--- On Mon, 6/28/10, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> PK says we are in the early stages of a Depression that
> will be more severe than the Great Depression.

> etc.

If anyone is interested, here's a link to the G20 statement that our leaders decided on (at great expense... but that's been covered).

http://tinyurl.com/G20statement

It's a fairly vapid piece of weasel words and homilies, but it gives some clues to where the decision makers heads are at.

Indeed, Krugman has generated a lot of buzz (out of proportion to his sagacity, as Jeff opines) with his latest. As with Greenspan, he has been elevated to the position of Prophet, and no good can come from placing one's faith in false prophets (profits?).

JP