[FoRK] "A budget deal that reduced the deficit"

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Mon Jun 28 18:56:21 PDT 2010

On Jun 28, 2010, at 19:44, Reese <howell.r at inkworkswell.com> wrote:

> On 28-Jun-10 19:20, Jeff Bone wrote:
>
>>> Did YOU purchase YOURS? Maybe you think "recognized" or "Tea
>>> Party" are
>>> the watchwords. They are not.
>>
>> (a) There is no Tea Party
>> (b) I clearly meant "ticket for office"
>> (c) We had already discussed their speaking engagements
>
> d), regarding (a), maybe not yet. It isn't 2011 yet. Tea Party
>    Express needs watching.

Yeah, yeah.  That's the nature of the bet already made.

> e), when you make facile bets about foregone conclusions, expect
>    some ack-ack. Don't blame the door gunner for questioning you.

I only bet on sure things.

Except when I don't.

> f), limbaugh won't run, by 2016 to nail it down a bit. What are
>    you willing to wager?

Nah, he's not interested in the pay cut and too much the pragmatist,
knows he wouldn't win.  He's a Wild Weasel, and loves the job.

>> What, were you asleep or just busy figuring out how to work that
>> tab on
>> that can of Miller High Life
>
> Cap on the bottle of Corona and the "lemon or lime" question.

What, did some buddy spot you the scratch to upgrade for the evening?
And fruit, too.  Fancy.

>> when we covered these points before?
>
> Wasn't paying attention. Sue me. And if it's been so exhaustively
> covered, why were you trolling?

You didn't actually just ask that question.

>> Nice
>> try Dan Quayle. And the comeback, whoah, what a comeback! I guess you
>> schooled me! Not even high school quality debate there, spanky. Did
>> your
>> little pile of 5x7s get out of order? Next time, try turning off
>> Nascar
>> while FoRKing.
>
> I don't watch Nascar (or NasCar, or NASCAR), but that's beside the
> point. I've been told, and how. Haven't I? Jesus built my Hot Rod.

I actually saw Al perform in his one-time-only Buck Satan and the 666-
Shooters performance.  Austin was Hell Central for a coupla years back
in the mid-90s when the Wax Trax crowd immigrated en masse.  I was
booking shows on the side back then, got to know some of em pretty
well.  Drove Phildo around one night in his shitty red pickup in a
totally futile effort to locate his chick du jour who had taken off
with his stash, he was blasted out of his head, no idea what.  Saw Al
and Paul get into a completely insane  drunken "this town ain't big
enough for the two of us" brawl, then head back into the bar to buy
each other more tequila shots, both dripping no small amount of
blood.  Those guys, they understood good comedy.

Johnny Law raided Al's Rancho Hell and sent em packing, much to the
detriment of the local music scene.  Disappeared to the El Paso, I
think.  Been pretty tame around here since.  In fact, industrial seems
pretty dead since then, all around.

Ah, nostalgia...

>> (Hey, you may not be a fucktard yet, but I'm givin' all the love I
>> got
>> to spare.)
>
> More cowbell. I think we definitely need more cowbell.  ;)

And Ministry.  And Revco.  ESPECIALLY Revco.

jb