[FoRK] The bee sting theory of poverty

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Mon Jun 28 21:09:23 PDT 2010

On Jun 28, 2010, at 22:20, Russell Turpin <russell.turpin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net>
> wrote:
>>> Until you start attempting to define baseline or come up with
>>> practical
>>> mechanisms, then it becomes nonsense.
>
> Jeff Bone:
>> Seems like these should be a good start:
>>
>>   * Clean, safe, & functional living space
>>   * Food
>>   * Basic business and exercise acceptable clothing
>>   * Health care
>>   * An education past high school
>>   * Internet
>>   * Outdoor play / exercise space (parks, trails, sidewalks)
>
> Jeff has it completely right, here.

To be clear, Russell, you are quoting me quoting Stephen.  I did not
assert those things.  I would not.

I still think his list is silly beyond belief and will be either
quaint or opulent within a generation.

And I still think the whole idea of such entitlements is ludicrous,
and misses

"Exercise acceptable clothing."

Gov't Spandex for EVERYONE!  It's a badic human right!

GMAFB.

jb