[FoRK] Stephen's almost perfect ideas. (No, really. No flame.)

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Tue Jun 29 08:19:23 PDT 2010

Just to be clear:

The previous post to which this is a self-reply is 100% sincere and utterly serious, perhaps the most so I have ever been or will ever be again on FoRK.

On that note, recent engagements here have been costing me a bit too much in the way of attention, so I think it's probably time to take another sabbatical of some uncertain length, maybe brief, maybe not.  Certainly not out of any ill-will or anything else beyond a need to shift some resources to other purposes for a while.  The cost of the level of engagement I've been maintaining lately is probably VASTLY less than most people would assume, but it's still non-zero.  Even at negligible per-instance cost, it adds up.  Time to repay some attention debt I've been accumulating elsewhere.

(The means of achieving temporary separation will involve preemptively marking messages to/cc FoRK already read for a while, so if you'd like to get in touch, please do so directly sans list.  In fact that filter is already in place and active as of a few moments ago.  But I value everybody in our little salon, here, and am not attempting to cut any ties.  Love hearing from folks directly.)

By the time I check back in, I am mildly optimistic that Stephen will actually have solved all of the world's problems, if he actually puts his mind (and less mouth) to it.  ;-)  :-)

jb