[FoRK] I can't eat cherries. :(

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 11:47:36 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> wrote:

> Meantime, get a Hermiston watermelon and enjoy being in PDX.  Going to OSCON?

The family is on an extended month long road trip which by my
estimation will have us heading back home thru Idaho>Washington>Oregon
during the prime time road side food stall fruit stand season, I can
not wait to load up the van with tasty bit for the kitchen.

If you are in the Portland area and can get a ride, head on out to
Sauvies Island. So much good tasting produce to be had and its a great
place to just hang outside of the city bounds.

Sorry to hear about the bad reactions to the tasties. I wonder if it s
tied to any particular makeup of those fruits, if there are close
cousin fruits to replace them....or is it something else (pesticides,
fertilizers, etc) that might be causing the reactions.

-tom(currently in rapid city SD where Taco Johns seems to be the
harvest de jour)higgins