[FoRK] 1099 will end the world in 2012

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Fri Jul 23 08:43:50 PDT 2010

Worth breaking the silence...  Keeping you informed...

   http://academicvc.com/2010/07/23/2012/

I'm guessing this probably costs the economy at least two orders-
magnitude more than it raises in additional tax rev.  But hey, at
least it (apparently) impacts everyone equally... I.e., it's not
"progressive."

Except that's wrong.  Of course larger businesses that purchase more
are impacted more.

Except that's wrong, too.  Businesses of all sizes will consolidate
their procurement to fewer, larger / more comprehensive vendors to
save costs. (The cost of playing the opposite game, divvying up your
purchases so that less than $600 goes to a larger number of vendors,
wouldn't be cost effective at any scale.)

Goodbye, smaller merchants.  Where's the wholesale Amazon?  Or at
least, the wholesale vendor-aggregator? Ambac-Connect rides again?

What a stupid piece of bureaucratic bullshit.

They're probably just jealous that their own procurement processes are
so fiendishly wasteful.  Sharin' the love...

Fuckwits in Washington, news at 10.

jb