[FoRK] 1099 will end the world in 2012

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 23 11:12:35 PDT 2010

--- On Fri, 7/23/10, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> Worth breaking the silence...  Keeping you
> informed...
>
>   http://academicvc.com/2010/07/23/2012/

Hi Jeff,

I don't know if you're watching for responses. I have to disagree with one of your observations. I think for the class most impacted by this -- small businesses and the self-employed, it may well be preferable to suffer the nuisance of spreading the purchasing around than to have to do the paperwork. Unless they can find, say, a single supplier who can satisfy all their needs.

Regardless, it's a thought process that millions of small businesses and self-employed will have to go through when they shouldn't have to.

It sounds like a form of economic wrist-slashing when you consider that small businesses and self-employed are something like 60% of all jobs. On the one hand, the honest ones will either be slowed in their growth or simply shut down. On the other, it will create a new class of "criminals" who become rather forgetful about where they've put all their receipts and who have great difficulty adding beyond $599.

        ...ken...