[FoRK] 1099 will end the world in 2012

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Fri Jul 23 12:24:27 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 04:43:50PM +0100, Jeff Bone wrote:

> Worth breaking the silence...  Keeping you informed...
>
>   http://academicvc.com/2010/07/23/2012/

Thanks, I appreciate the heads-up on the latest Chicken Little blog-meme.
It's linked from a blog with helpful Teapot shibboleths like "ObamaCare".

Couple things before y'all get overheated:
* Business credit-card purchases are already automatically reported.  IRS
  is looking at excluding other means of purchase that are already reported.
* Of what's left, pull your AP and expenses files and count the vendors.
  Or just let QuickBooks or Peachtree print the forms and be done with it.
  Or are you saying you don't keep proper records for cash/check purchases?

In sum, more expenses go on the business Visa, and then the payment-card
industry captures a still-larger percentage of the economy, as usual.

Speaking of payment cards and onerous documentation requirements for small
businesses, where's all the overheated bloghorrea about the PCI DSS?  Oh,
wait, that's private industry, so it's A-OK.

We'll have a Linux-based PCI-compliance appliance for every SMB's office,
  Aaron