[FoRK] 1099 will end the world in 2012

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Mon Jul 26 06:11:35 PDT 2010

Hey Aaron, would you mind sending me a pointer to the version of
Quickbooks or Peachtree that you're using that looks up tax ids and
filing addresses in some magical central database and simultaneously
sends the 1099s to vendors and amends your own filing accordingly?

(If your biz is small enough NOT to need a tax accountant, (a) no big,
but (b) you may well need one now.)

As for the credit card exemption, (a) massive contraction lately, this
represents a massive reduction in SMB float over direct eg net 30
terms, (b) the latter accounts for most biz spend at even modest
scale, and (c) just what we need, more credit card debt, even if it's
short term.

Sure, this is totally harmless.

Apologists, grrr...

jb