[FoRK] Where Obama should be raked over the coals...

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 20 14:12:54 PDT 2010

--- On Mon, 9/20/10, Jebadiah Moore <jebdm at jebdm.net> wrote:

> A couple of other fun examples:
>
>  ... (Oh, and make sure to make mobile robots
> suits that brains can move into in order to interact with the "real" world.)

Didja ever notice that you almost never see such thoughts coming from women?

I can't imagine any of that "uploading" ever appealing to my wife or her sister or my daughter or my sisters. They value the creation of life and the physical involvement in rearing/mentoring those new lives too much. And I mean physical in the absolute literal sense. Touch is fundamental to it all. Take that away and you pretty much take away their reason to live.

Most husbands, if they are paying attention, will have noticed that once they have impregnated their wives and the first child is safely born and under mother's care they are pretty much incidental to the woman's happiness and fulfilment henceforth.

 ...ken...