[FoRK] giveindia.org

Udhay Shankar N udhay at pobox.com
Mon Sep 27 05:02:54 PDT 2010

On 27-Sep-10 10:05 AM, Udhay Shankar N wrote:

>> Can anyone convince me that this is legit?
>
> Rob,
>
> I've asked a couple of friends in the NGO space to comment. Will let you know.

Here's what one friend had to say (caveat lector, of course)

<q>
They are as legit as Charity Navigator or Guidestar are in the US i.e.
they do a fair degree of due diligence on the organisations they list.
This is limited, however, to a thorough screening of documentation,
financial and other, but does not, AFAIK, include direct interaction by
way of programme audits or project visits.
</q>