[FoRK] Bar Stool Economics

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon Sep 27 13:44:19 PDT 2010

  On 9/27/10 10:43 AM, Jeff Bone wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2010, at 11:04, "Stephen D. Williams" <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
>>
>> A good cultural education parable to add to the set.  At the 6th grade level.
>>
>> sdw
>
> (1) ...by a professor of economics...
>
> (2) ...who clearly isn't subject to the usual criticisms of equivocating and obfuscating aimed at such folks...
>
> (3) ...who makes a point simply that for whatever reason seems to blindly escape most otherwise-sophisticated thinkers...
>
> (4) ...in a timely manner...
>
> (5) ...related to previously-discussed topics...
>
> (6) And hey, between this and the last one I was merely shooting the list Gunning fog median. ;-)
>
> jb

You misunderstand me, which is my fault in this case.  I plead drive-by post.

What I meant was that it was clear and understandable enough to be taught at the 6th grade level.  Not a complaint really and I
wasn't disagreeing with the main points of the story.  It doesn't argue against the fairness of a particular taxation scheme per se,
but illustrates the stupidity of people who can't keep numbers and value assignment straight in taxation.  And it throws in the John
Galt nuclear option for good measure.