[FoRK] Bar Stool Economics

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Tue Sep 28 09:23:19 PDT 2010

Those interested in actual data / analysis and the tenacity to dig through and understand it might find the following interesting:

  http://www.freetheworld.com/2010/reports/world/EFW2010_BOOK.pdf

I can hear you all saying "oh, but #6 isn't so bad."  Look at the components of that;  in particular, what a large part "soundness of money" plays in that rank.  Any hypothetical notion of "soundness of money" for the US rests on shaky ground, namely the assumptions of the perpetuation of USD as the de facto world reserve currency, its use as the denomination of default for various crucial commodities, and the maintenance of our credit rating.

BTW, nothing I'm saying here should be construed as advice of any kind.  I'm just pointing out some of the assumptions this report relies upon (among others.)

jb