[FoRK] Google's Self-Driving Car

Bill Humphries whump at mac.com
Mon Oct 11 21:24:21 PDT 2010

On Oct 11, 2010, at 9:13 PM, Stephen Williams wrote:

> Thrun is at Google. Last I knew, he was in the AI dept. at Stanford. Perhaps he does both?

My understanding from a conversation this weekend with parties with knowledge about the project is that he has appointments at both.

The bad news, from a conversation with a friend who does advocacy for the disabled, is that the way in which insurance (public and private) is currently constituted, people who could benefit the most from curb-to-curb autonomous vehicles, would not be able to hire one.

-- whump