[FoRK] Google's Self-Driving Car

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Tue Oct 12 00:16:58 PDT 2010

Bill Humphries wrote on 10/11/2010 9:24 PM:

> On Oct 11, 2010, at 9:13 PM, Stephen Williams wrote:
>
>> Thrun is at Google. Last I knew, he was in the AI dept. at Stanford. Perhaps he does both?
>
> My understanding from a conversation this weekend with parties with knowledge about the project is that he has appointments at both.

Yup, this is Sebastian's stuff with Stanley and Junior. Much/most of
this work was done at Stanford, but then if anyone is good at claiming
credit for work done elsewhere and building an entire company out of it,
it's Google :) Google has the $$$, DARPA doesn't.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/